Friday, 30 September 2011

hand quiltiness

Well I can't believe it!  Another beautiful warm, sunny day!  Gorgeous weather to finish September with.

I was hanging my washing out again and thought I would take the chance to get a good daylight photo of the new table runner I have been working on.

I am hand quilting because I love it so much.  For this runner I decided circles would be nice to mirror the small amount of spotty fabric in the runner.  I have varying sizes and using my trusty Clover chalk pen drew round a side plate, a sewing bits and bobs tin and, wait for it.............. my bowl for my kitchen scales!!! Dead technical!

This is just one half of the runner the other half still needs to be quilted!




I have my binding fabric.  A mint/light green pin dot fabric, which I have just realised goes with my theme of spots with no forethought whatsoever!!!   I bought this from my favourite online quilting shop, The Cotton Patch. 

I really hope you like this.  I love the colours, the prints and am loving the hand quilting effect too.

I have also been asked to explain how to make those little ds cases I made for the kids, soooooo I am tentatively planning a wee tutorial on it in the near future.  I have never done one before so please bear with me.  I will try my very best though!

Well I am off to make another cup of tea before I decide what needs done next.

8 comments:

  1. I love the circles, they look great! I'm now looking around at all the circular things I could draw around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Collette. Just dropped in to say hello via Small Blog Meet! Great job on the handquilting! I keep thinking that I must do more of that as it always looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collette! We have the same name...kinda. My middle name is Colette. What fun!!!

    Those circles are amazing especially by hand! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi colette, just dropped by from over at the small blog meet. Love the circle quilting, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping in from the Small Blog Meet - I'm your newest Follower! I am dying to do some hand sewing and I love the Heather Bailey. I can't wait to see how this one develops...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I've come to follow you from Lily's. Your runner is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came from SBM too! Love your hand quilting! Love to see more! I'm following you :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!