Monday, 10 October 2011

Bee Blessed

http://judith-ragstobags.blogspot.com/p/bee-blessed.html

Happy Monday everyone!  I have had a quiet sewing weekend.  Not been doing much sewing at all but lots of thinking about it!  Last week I made 2 blocks to send off to Judith and her quilting bee above in Belfast.

I am so happy to be help out such a great cause.  If you click on the link all the info about how to get involved and the history of it is there.  Basically Judith and a group of her quilting friends ask quilty bloggers to help by making a certain type of block ( she usually provides a tutorial) and then donating one or two which are then combined into full size quilts and gifted to families and individuals in need.

I just love this idea and am so glad to be able to use my ability in quilting to share the love of Jesus in some way.  Love in action!

If you wish to be involved then hope on over to Judith's blog Rags to Bags and click on the Bee Blessed link at the top of the page.  If I can make these blocks then anyone can and I even matched the points!!!! I think I felt the pressure knowing what I was making them for!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Collette for the beautiful blocks. Don't think I got a chance to email you when I got them as I had a visitor with me all weekend. I love the fabrics you've used and the points are just perfect. Can't wait to show them to the others when we next meet up. Thanks too for the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so lovely! :) and what a sweet way to share your talent!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!