Monday, 3 October 2011

doodle do!


I came across this book via another blog (I can't remember which one) and thought the embroidery looked so cute.  I have ordered it and am very excited about receiving it!!!!!  I have a basic needlework book but to be honest the explanations for the stitches are not the clearest.  I used them to muck about with this - 










Some basic embroidery practice on cotton.  I used a snail trail stitch for the trunk and a not very good stem stitch.  Still loads to do and practice!  

Also I finished these blocks for my wee girl's 9 patch quilt -
A daisy stitch for the hat, red french knots for the flowers and a made up stitch for the shoes!  


Done and ready to be sewn into the other blocks eventually!

I have been mucking about with my old digital camera (and not getting annoyed, honest),  so hope these photos are a bit clearer.

Oh well, son is due in from school in 7 minutes so I best go and mentally prepare for the noise!
Love Collette xx

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaa, sorry my babe hit button. Anyway...I saw this book recently too! Was interested. I can't wait to see what you think of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book does look interesting and your blocks are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In awe of your hand embroidery skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to learn some embroidery stitches. I always thought that there was only one... lol I know nothing.

    Your blocks look awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!