Tuesday, 15 November 2011

The best laid plans!

Well what a day I had yesterday!  Planned on doing a whole lot of cutting and sewing with the wee one at nursery.  Only to be informed nursery was cancelled due to no heating in the building.  Booo.

We returned home and about half an hour later my little Emma comes screaming through from the kitchen shouting; "is it gonna bleed, is it gonna bleed?". She hates blood.  She whacked her head on the table and had a cut eyelid and big bruise and lump forming on the other side of her forehead!  Of course I panicked and was all set to head for A + E at 100mph but thankfully hubby kept me sane and we got it sorted!  Thanks to the lovely nurse at the local surgery.

Anyway wee one is fine and dandy now thankfully.  I am just super cautious at every run and jump just now in case another messy accident occurs!!  You would think I hadn't dealt with this sort of thing before. :(

So sewing ......... never happened understandably.  However, I managed a little cutting of my own last night with them safely tucked up in bed.

I am making a table runner for a friend from all of this gorgeous fabric.  Cutting loads and loads of 5 inch squares.  Around 40 done so far!

Ruby Red – Plain CottonScandinavian Birds & Trees – RedScandinavian Birds & Trees – Red On WhiteJust Wing It – Stripe TomatoEssential Spots RedAqua Pure Organic Cotton
There will be plain white in the mix too.  These are just lovely aren't they? Looking forward to seeing it come together.  Heading off to catch up on all your lovely blogs now!
Collette x

6 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely, yummy colors! Can't wait to see what you make.

    So sorry to hear about your little one, but glad she's ok. My 3 year old grandson hit his head on the coffee table on Friday night. More stitches than his mom could count. He was back jumping on the sofa the next day! They bounce back quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree/ducks fabric, hope your little one is ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! So glad it wasn't too bad. I agree, after one of my kids gets a big hurt I'm always on them to slow down a little. Never really happens, though! Your table runner is going to be great, such cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your daughter got hurt. As Toni and Pat say, they soon bounce back but it`s scary at the time. As my 3 year old tears around, I`m so scared that he`s going to trip and hit his head on the coffee table corner. Love those fabrics - it`s going to be a stunner of a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the scrapes they get into, it has to be bad for me to go to A&E now, they are forever bumping themselves. Head bumps are the worst though :(
    I love those fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a scary day! Well done for holding it together!! Gorgeous fabrics btw! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!