Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Full of plans!

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted since last week but things have got pretty busy round here!  I finished a Christmas stocking order last week and am just about finished another.  I have also been busy making some placemats which I will share once completed.

Oh and it was my birthday on Friday!  36 years young and as Colin, my other half, helpfully informed me, I am closer again to 40 than I am to 30!! Got to love husbands eh?

So I was very fortunate to get some money for my birthday.  And guess what I didn't blow it all on fabric!  I was sorely tempted to look into buying an Accuquilt Go baby thingy but decided I wouldn't use it enough.  So I bought some clothes AND ordered some fabric and bits and bobs I needed.

I have great plans with the fabric.  I have never made a sampler quilt so I am going to make a small one for my living room wall. I thought it would be nice to try some Biblical inspired blocks so I am going to try some of these out - I will be using different colours to these but they just give you an idea of the blocks I am planning;
Crown of Thorns Block
crown of thorns
Jacob's Ladder quilt block Garden of Eden quilt block Walls of Jericho quilt block
These are some of the easier ones I plan on trying out first.  I may alternate them with something simpler, I am undecided yet.

And the fabrics I have chosen are classic prints -

Sara's Stash 11 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 12 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 13 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 14 (per 1/4 metre)

Sara's Stash 15 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 16 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 17 (per 1/4 metre)  Sara's Stash 18 (per 1/4 metre)
Sara's Stash 20 (per 1/4 metre)


So what do you think?  I am really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into this one I must admit!  Photos of fabric as soon as it arrives!
Collette x

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Collette. 36 is just a number.....I remind my hubby that he is going to hit 40 before me! fabric is the right thing to spend your money on. I would have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Excellent choice for your gifts! Can't have enough of either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy returns ! You're just a spring chicken yet !!!!!! Love those fabrics, such beautiful soft blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get your teeth into a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for tomorrow! I was 40 this year & it was totally painless - in fact I loved it! I love the sound of Biblical blocks. Could I do it along with you if you don't mind sharing your pattern sources? Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!