Wednesday, 23 November 2011

not enough hours!

Do you ever feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day?  To sleep, eat, sew, look after small children, chase pesky cats(mine!),  clean, launder clothes, and then do it all again the next day!

I have quite a bit going on just now.  The kids have been full of colds which is hindering my sewing action but they are the priority so I don't mind too much.

The main thing I am working on is a custom order for a friend for a table runner with 8 placemats and coasters.  This is a very sneaky peek of what I have been doing so far. Can't share it all at the moment.  She chose the fabrics and I suggested aqua but I want the rest to be a surprise.


These are corners of the blocks that make up the table runner.  They are derived from a nine patch/disappearing nine patch block which my friend likes the random effect of.  The runner is a whopping 2 metres long. Large table!  I am adding 2 inch borders all round in the plain ruby red Stof cotton.

I am very pleased with how it is looking.  It is a bit wrinkly here, needing ironed again!

I also received my fabric for my biblical block wall sampler quilt.  I am planning to crack on with this after the New Year.  Judith from Rags to Bags wants to make some too and a friend of hers.  So I was thinking of making it a wee quilt along with a flickr group.  Nothing too hard or fancy so let me know if you would want to do this.

I love these fabrics!  They will be great colours in my living room.  They are quite grannyish but I like old fashioned fabrics as well as all the gorgeous modern prints.  They are classic and hope they won't date.  A lot of the biblical blocks I have come across use small squares and triangles so the prints will be quite broken up which I think will be nice.   What you think?

Sorry if I haven't been keeping up to date with all your lovely blogs.  I am trying but time is slipping away from me just now!
Love Collette xxx

4 comments:

  1. Your tablerunner is looking great.
    I am sure I have some of those granny fabrics in my stash but then I am a granny in waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the bairns are still poorly! I love your civil war repro fabrics (I've really got into them since buying some for my dad's quilt). Great idea to use them for the biblical QAL. Hope everyone is soon germ & snot free! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your children are feeling better and you get some more time soon. Your table runner is looking great. I look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know what you mean! We all have flu just now so I've done no sewing at all! Your projects look great and the fabrics will be perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!