Monday, 16 January 2012

Good to be back!

Well I hope we all had a lovely Christmas and New Year!  We had a lovely break with the kids and family.  For once the weather was actually quite mild which was good as last year we were slipping about pavements on black ice on Christmas day.

It has been AGES since I have caught up on the blogosphere.  I am sincerely sorry for my lack of posts.  We were without internet access in our wee town for 10 days due to a mast being down or something.  I use  my smart phone as a modem with my pc for internet access.  It was awful!  The mobile network was barely useable for phone calls let alone internet access.  As I live in Scotland the severe storms caused havoc! Fortunately we only lost a few slates and a bit of rough cast off the chimney.  It could have been much, much worse!!!

So I took a total break from sewing, quilting, etsy etc during Christmas.  The kids were back at school and nursery last week and now I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

My first plan is to tweak my shop a little and add some new tea cosies and coasters.

As well as this I am planning a quilt wall sampler showcasing some bible related blocks.  I will probably do this as a wee QAL so if you wish to take part let me know as I might set up a wee Flickr group or something for it!  
Some of the traditional fabrics I plan to use for wall sampler.

So now I am off to drink tea and catch  up on all those excellent blogs I have missed reading!  Take care.
Collette x

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Lovely fabrics for your wallhanging! Glad your house is still standing after those awful storms! Roll on the spring! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! The storms you had looked terrible, glad they didn't cause too much damage :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!