Thursday, 23 February 2012

always learning!

Just a quick post tonight to share two new things I have tried today!  So pleased with myself and enjoyed so much.......

yo yo making (not got the plastic thingy yet so cut out from cardboard a circle used this tutorial by the lovely Heather Bailey.
The smallest was my third try and me beginning to get the hang of it! I love making them and have more planned.  You should have seen hubby's face when I told them they are called yo yos and people made bedspreads from them etc in the 1930s/40s.  Poor guy.  He has to listen to all my sewing madness :(



The second new thing I tried today was needleturn applique.  I have read lots about it but never tried it.  I am currently making this wee table topper but wanted to add more to it, hence the yo yos and applique.  

I really enjoyed the applique and love the way it enhances the wee topper even more! Need to add another small leaf to that flower I think.  


Off to think about hitting the sack now! Goodnight all x

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your 2 new skills. Yoyos (suffolk puffs) also make great wee brooches with pretty buttons in the middle. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!