Monday, 20 February 2012

For the kids

Hello! Monday and raining again here in Ayrshire :(  This weekend I have been making something for my kids.  Some bunting with their names embroidered on it.


I can't believe how easy bunting is to make!  The time consuming part is the embroidering but I want to practise that anyway so it isn't a chore!

Photos are naff due to lack of sunlight here.  First up is Emma's bunting.  Not finished yet but getting there.  I need to do the embroidery first and then sew the triangles up and attach to my tape ( an old Moda fabrics tie they use on their layer cakes! ).

I haven't started poor Jacob's yet as I don't have very boyish fabric.  I have ordered this from Emma's fabric studio.  Another great UK shop!  I plan to embroider his name to but think I may need to the lettering on a solid square then stitch to the bunting due to the busyness of this fabric.  I love this fabric and it isn't typical boyish but has the stars etc.
FQ0066 Riley Blake Designs

I will post photos of completed bunting but I just wanted to share something I am doing for my kiddos for a change.  :)
Have a great day. x

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love a bit of bunting! I smiled when I read Emma's Bunting!! I wonder would Emma Bunting like some too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I have never tried bunting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!