Thursday, 16 February 2012

My first Jacob's Ladder!

lots of little squares and HST waiting to be sewn!




waiting to be sewn ! 

The finished article - My first Jacob's Ladder block for my wall sampler/hanging for my living room!  I am so chuffed with it!
And a photo of my boy Jacob and sis Emma at the bottom of ...... wait for it ......... Jacob's Ladder one minute from our house.  A very very steep short cut to the top of our town at our end!  We did climb it and excellent views. 



I found this block quite straightforward. I got a little confused with making sure I had the pointy bits of the triangles matched but I managed fine and found this quite, dare I say it, easy?

So thinking of my next block now!  I love the fabrics so far.  Not to everyone taste but I am deliberately going for a classic look for my living room this time.

Thanks for reading.
Collette x

1 comment:

  1. That's a fab block C! I love how a change of fabric can really change the look of a block. I bet the kids weren't smiling as much when they got to the top!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!