Thursday, 1 March 2012

Fresh sewing day and small blog meet

Hi there!

Today is the 1st of March and on the first of each month we share what we have been sewing over the last month at Lily's quilts.

It really feels like Spring has sprung in my town recently.  The daffodils are beginning to grow, the crocuses are revealing their glorious colours and best of all it is much milder!  Not hat, scarf glove mandatory wearing for the kids heading out in the morning just now!

I am a bit down in the dumps today.  Last night I finished this.
A Spring table topper destined for my etsy shop but no longer because I just don't think it is good enough.  There are a few white seams that don't match and some of the squares are a bit wonky.  And don't ask me what I done with the corners of the binding!!!! I usually find that one of the easier parts of the process!!!

So I think I will just keep it for us.  I love it and would really love someone else to enjoy it but I just see too many faults. :((
Other work over the last month - bunting for my kids, a custom tea cosy order for a lovely lady in the US (she has seen this photo), a needlebook custom order for a friend in Australia.
The customer has a yellow camper like the one in this! 



 Practising making yoyos or Suffolk puffs!
My Jacob's Ladder block for my sampler wall hanging.











So a busy month for me but have lost my mojo a little bit I reckon.  Still the sun is out now so that is always good and I just bought a new pair of jeans and 2 pairs of shoes!  I think it is almost time to put my boots away :) x

16 comments:

  1. i LOVE that camper print you used for your tea cozy. and as for your table topper, i've ordered things off etsy that looked very "homemade" and loved them. BUT, practice makes perfect right? you'll make perfect mitered corners next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a long walk in new shoes to get rid of the winter blues!! Your jacobs ladder block looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping in from the Small Blog Meet! I think the table topper is nice! I love the tea cosy, the fabric is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made some beautiful things. I hope you have a lovely day and get your mojo back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects this month. Love that little rocket ship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rocket ship C! You'll soon have a spring back in your step, esp. with new shoes! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from Lily's small blog meet-up. I just started blogging last week. Looking forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't be down in the dumps, everyone has an off day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you're down in the dumps & I hope things turn around for you! I love the lilac you mixed with that Amy Butler fabric on your table topper - its a pretty combination. Found you through Lily's Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's really gutting when something you've made isn't up to your own standards, but be proud of your other great pieces of work and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. You have made some really nice things. Oh I was sitting here thinking; I like that tea cozy so much, I was trying to figure out how I could have a use for it so that I could get one too. I seldom drink tea, don't have a teapot, can't use one on the coffee maker. How silly of me! It is super nice/adorable. I'm just going to have to follow you, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all see the faults in our work: the hardest thing for some of us can be to see the beauty of it!
    Try it, hold your criticism back (in the back of your mind) and say: I made something really nice! REALLY nice!
    (it takes some training, but keep at it)
    I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your teacosy is lovely, love the camper van fabric! Popping in from SBM too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your work! Thanks for following my blog. Now I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely makes!! Be glad you get to keep the pretty table topper :)
    Hope your mojo returns quickly, I'm sure the new shoes will help! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've made lovely things, and now you get to keep the topper for yourself. Hope your mojo comes back for March!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!