Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Tagged!

Hi! Hope you like the new look by the way.

I have been tagged by Marti over at 52 quilts in 52 weeks.  This is my first tagging (feel like a criminal :)) so I will try and keep my answers short and to the point!

The questions -
Musicals or plays? And what are your favourties?
Plays.  I find musicals a bit cheesy although I did enjoy Moulin Rouge the film.  ( I am so uncultured!).

Do you have any "hidden" talents that have not made it into your blog? 
 .
Face painting!  Not a pro but I can do it.

Are you a reader? If so what are you reading right now? 
I am not lucky enough to have a Kindle or e- reader yet but I do have a kindle app on my phone which is pretty useful for reading in bed.  At the moment I have three books on my phone I am picking up and putting down periodically.
Quilt of faith (stories of comfort from the patchwork life) by Mary Tatem and Quilt of joy by the same author.
The handmade marketplace by Kari Chapin.

What is your favourite time of day?
I am a morning person!  Having children have made me less so but as long as I have had a good nights sleep then I am at my most productive and alert in the morning.

Do you save the selvages from fabric? Have you ever made anything from them?
Only if I really like the selvage.  I recently used an Amy Butler one for a loop on a pincushion.


What is your favourite quilt you ever made?
I am going to steal Marti's answer here and say the next one!

What colour comes up most often in your quilts?
It tends to be pink of various shades and tones.  It isn't my favourite colour or anything but does seem to feature a lot.  I love bright modern tones though!

Do you play music while you sew?  What songs get you motivated? 
I like peace when I sew mostly.  It is usually when the kids are in bed and hubby at work that I get most done or when they are at school/nursery daytime.  It is my quiet time to reflect, pray, relax.

What's the worst injury you've ever suffered?
I have been fortunate, no broken bones or such like.  I did burn my arm over a kettle of boiling water.  A steam burn which just blistered a bit but the whole bottom half of my arm.  Ouch!

Do you come from a large or small family? 
Small I would say.  My mum and dad and a little brother!

Have you always lived in your current hometown? If not, how far away do you live from the town you were born? 
No, I have lived in Ayrshire for 10 years since getting married.  The town I was born was Glasgow and we are around 25 miles outside Glasgow.  My parents moved around a bit so I have lived in several towns in Scotland.  I grew up mostly in Hamilton, Lanarkshire with my parents. I left home when I got married.   I do like Newmilns where I am just now though!  Rural but great motorway links to the city etc.

Phew that's me done!  Hope I didn't bore you all too much!
Now for my three to be tagged.  If you have been tagged before apologies and don't worry about taking part!
Suzan @ Quiltitis.
Lis @ Piece n peace
Jo @ a life in lists.



4 comments:

  1. Great answers and fab face painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your face painting !
    Now you've set me a conundrum ! What DO I say ?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another victim! Great answers! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!