Friday, 27 April 2012

TGI Friday!

Hooray it is Friday which means no rushed school mornings tomorrow or Sunday!  The kids are going to their grandparents tomorrow afternoon as well so plenty of sewing time for me for a change.

This week has been superfast and I have been working on my mini quilt for my secret swap partner in the Modern She Made Swap.  I have had this designed for weeks and all the fabric and last night finally got block 1 of 9 done.


These are Klona brights from the Hurricane bundle by Backstitch.   The grey is Kona charcoal and it is my first time using something so dark!  I love it though! 
So there are going to be two more of these blocks in a horizontal row and then at the bottom blocks for the sticks the windmills spin round on.  The colours on the next 2 blocks all move round a space to give the idea of them blowing in the wind.

With this swap we must include a circle element so I am going to do some circular hand quilting in Susan's favourite Perle cotton in bright colours! 

How do you organise you works in progress?  I just got some of these great zippy folders this week as I had ran out of the button document wallets.  They keep all the bits and bobs together and as they are clear I can see what is in them too. 



Have a lovely weekend everyone! 




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love the idea of them blowing round by moving the colours a step each time. Brilliant!! Can't wait to see this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, found you again (I lost you for a while - oops!). Love the new header. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those colours look great!
    I just have mine in a pile on my bed...or sewing table.....=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright solids! Reminds me of an Amish quilt - on my list of future projects is to make a bright solid quilt inspired by the Amish quilts that hung on clothelines around my neighborhood growing up. Some day soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!