Wednesday, 18 April 2012

WIP Wednesday

Good morning!

Today I am linking up with the lovely Lee and the others at Freshly Pieced for work in progress Wednesday.  I am also linking up with the Quiltsy team blog by the quiltsy team from etsy.

Here are a few photos of what I have been up to this week.  I don't have enough for a mosaic!

I made two, YES two bricks for my Jacob's quilt following the Moda Bakeshop pattern, Follow the Pezzy brick Road.  I feel I may have done too much :)

I was shattered the night I started the cutting for these and had an argument with myself and the pattern, convinced that I was right and the pattern was wrong! You know what the outcome was right?





Worked on this present for a friend's wee girl last night.  She is 5 at the end of the month so we thought some girly personalised bunting would be nice!












 I love this!! My fave item at the moment.  Beach huts are everywhere and bunting but I had to try out my own design.

I just have to handstitch the binding to the back and wash and done.  A table runner or just something pretty to look at!  I will be listing this in my shop once it is completed.

I embroidered the sunrays and quilted the huts and sunshine.

I wanted the huts to look wooden so tried a deliberately organic wavy stitch to hopefully achieve the effect of wood grain :) .

I am very pleased with this I must admit!

Some Anna Maria Horner fabric waiting to be cut up and made into something pretty.  Not sure what yet, a table runner or quilt???? Hmmmm.

7 comments:

  1. I really love your beach huts- and that tiny bunting is just darling, I am sure it will sell really quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Pezzy quilt will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beach huts are so much fun and the tiny bunting on it is a nice touch! I love the way that you have quilted them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Peezy fabric is great. Love the beach houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach houses - looks great with the combo of quilting and embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo some great things on that list! The patterns are never wrong..it's best not to argue with them...=D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pezzy will be great, I did get a bit tired of it sewing all that sashing but it's such a fun pattern! I LOVE the beach huts :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!