Wednesday, 16 May 2012

hello!

Hi everyone!
So sorry I haven't been around much this week!  It has been a bit of a hectic week.  Sunday was Church, Monday we had a friend for dinner and then we had some awful news.  A friend of my hubby Colin's and mine died at the weekend we presume.  My hubby Colin and Mark were both baptised in our church just over 10 years ago.  36.  So sad. They weren't in much contact latterly but facebook maintained a link and his mum and dad has just started coming to our church again.  No idea what happened yet just that his body was found by his dear sister and now his family are facing a very difficult time.  I have been praying a lot for the family.

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John chapter 10 verse 28.  




I was shocked and am still a bit numb to be honest as many of our friends are.

So this week I don't have an awful lot to show for work in progress Wednesday.

Just this little mini grocery bag made from an awesome Keykalou patterns pattern I bought.  This is the first time I have bought a pattern and followed one and it was excellent!  So clear and easy.  I made the small but I am sure I will make the medium and large soon!  It does use a fair bit of fabric but is worth it.

Here are some photos and it is very strong and cute.  It is unstructured so can be thrown in the machine.  This one is all for me and best of all you can always have one in your main bag for unexpected purchases!





Quiltsy WiP




7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your news. Tough time for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend C! I'm sure it will take time to overcome the shock and grieve the loss of your friend. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag! I have the same pattern and love the mini size--perfect when you're buying just a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, such a tragedy.

    The bag looks great and you got a lot in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending best wishes to the family.
    Great looking bag! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what awful news. Praying for you and your friends! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bag! Love the idea of having a bag in my bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!