Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Work in progress Wednesday

Hi!  Linking up with Freshly Pieced and Quiltsy for WIP Wednesday a little later today.  My wee girl had her first induction session at primary today. She is due to start in Primary one after the summer break!  Then I will have them both at school! What a strange thought :(

I haven't been up to an awful lot since last Wednesday to be honest.

 This is a mini quilt I have been working for a secret partner swap.  I just need to get on with the basting and quilting now.  It is the first time I have used such a dark grey but I love the effect!
Does designing and thinking about projects count as works in progress this week??  I have the lovely FQs of various bits and bobs and am thinking about what to make with them!









Quiltsy WiP

6 comments:

  1. Your mini quilt looks fabulously modern C! You won't know yourself when you've 2 kiddies in school! Think of all that sewing time! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend far much more time designing and pondering than actually doing so it must count as a step in the making process! The mini is looking wonderful. And don't listen to Jude - you will know what to do with yourself when they are both in school. Sew your heart out and occasionally look around the house contemplating housework before you drop another thread on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't quite believe that my stepson will be 14 this August. Good lord. Wasn't he 3 years old just yesterday? He's definitely hit the teen phase. I'm holding on for dear life, and doing my best.

    I love your FQs - what cheerful colors! Thank you so much for linking up at Quiltsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course designing projects counts! Such great colours on the mini =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how the bright colours pop with the dark grey - looks great. I definitely consider the fabric fondling and planning to be part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the darks and colors together

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!