Saturday, 23 June 2012

a busy few days

Morning! Isn't the weather yuck?  Yesterday Emma had her nursery day trip to, wait for it................ Girvan!   It is a coastal town about an hour from where we live and it was raining!  But we made the most of it and all the kids enjoyed the coach ride and the lifeboat centre.  It was too wet for the park but the guys at RNLI  

great and spent ages with the kids.  We went onto the lifeboat which was fun and had a demo of how their uniforms work and the kids loved it when one of the men donned his full suit and jumped in the water and set off his flares.  They demanded an encore and he did it again much to their delight!!  It was v interesting and the kids enjoyed.

I didn't do any sewing at all yesterday as I was pooped with the travelling.  On Thursday I managed to finish this prototype of a bag pattern I bought via etsy.  A great way to use scraps up and I will be taking this on holiday with me once I dethread it!!


I also got this cool little lunch box for my paper piecing projects.  I love it and it is perfect for mobile piecing or just in the home and keeps everything together as I tend to get quite messy and spread out everywhere.


Have a great Saturday and weekend and hope no one gets too affected by this terrible rain! 
Collette x

4 comments:

  1. I did a day in Girvan as part of my A'level geography field trip. That was in 1985, so I'm sure I wouldn;t recognise the place: apart from the rain! Love the bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Catherine might well recognise Girvan, I don't think it will have changed much!
    Your bag looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been cheering with the kids for an encore. All good fun, even in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun day out even with the awful weather. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind. We got burst of sunshine, followed by gloom, some short showers, sun again then more gloom leading to downpour =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!