Tuesday, 5 June 2012

A lovely weekend!

Good morning and welcome back to all the Fat Quarterly retreaters!  I am loving reading all your updates and would love to go next year if there is another!

We had a busy weekend here in sunny Ayrshire.  We had nice weather and a bbq at Church on Sunday to celebrate the Jubilee.  There was much fun had by all and yummy burgers!

I visited my parents yesterday and had the joy of a very travel sick Jacob.  Sick on the way there and yes, sick on the return too.  That was with travel sick wrist bands on and the tablets don't seem to work for my two.  Or maybe I just haven't found the right ones yet :(

Lots of cutting done last night under the watchful eye of this little piggy!



I have discovered PicMonkey so have been mucking about with my photos.   I cut four lots of camera cases last night from my awesome Keyka Lou camera case pattern.   I love the new quilt blocks range of fabric from Moda.  Gorgeous prints and colours. 

The bottom pic is my Anna Maria Horner fabric I have been pondering for a while.  I am stuck to be honest.  The plan when I purchased the fabric was to make a disappearing nine patch table runner.  Now I don't know.  The fabrics are very busy and I have cut them all in preparation for the nine patch so have lots of 5 inch squares. 

I don't know whether I just go for it or break it up with this mellow yellow solid as the prints are busy????? Any advice greatly appreciated! 



5 comments:

  1. You know Collette..go with your gut instinct. I am always wondering if the fabrics I choose will work but am always surprised when I see it at the end how it all comes together. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the break up from the solid would be better. Maybe lay them out in a mock pattern to see how much yellow you need for a subtle look =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good weekend and do hope you are in London with us next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Bee Blessed we did a D9P man quilt using AMH and Kona ash. You can see it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragstobags/6493752341/in/pool-beeblessed/
    The solid really helped to break up and showcase the strong AMH prints. Good luck with whatever you decide. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love working with solids, so I say go for it! Add it in!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!