Wednesday, 13 June 2012

work in progress Wednesday

       Quiltsy WiP



Today I link up with Lee over at her Freshly Pieced blog for work in progress Wednesday and the Quiltsy blog.

For a change I actually have some works in progress!  I have been busy making a cute little wall hanging for above my sewing desk and machine.  These are spool blocks made from this tutorial which simplifies the process.  I am adding a brown border then planning on hand quilting.  I love how cute this looks and it uses up scraps well too!








I have also been working on a new table runner and opted for a wonky star block which goes together really quickly!  I love them so much.  Mrs Sylvania approves! 

I must be having my brown phase or something as I seem to be using lots of it at the moment! 

The last thing I want to share is not strictly in progress but will be turned into something soon I reckon if I can bear to cut into it. 

Love this ! 





6 comments:

  1. Yum yum, the colours for your new project are beautiful!
    Your wonky stars are coming together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spools - that's a really clever block. And your wonky stars look great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wall hanging and wonky stars! Good luck with the cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your wall hanging and wonky stars. The new fabric is scrummy. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wonky stars. The Denise Schmidt fabric is fantastic. Good luck cutting into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking projects! loving those stars. No hoard it for a few months and then cut into it...or not =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!