Tuesday, 17 July 2012

busy bee!

I seem to have been doing quite a bit of sewing over the last few days!  Making up for lost time on holiday I think!

I bought the Retro Flower quilt pattern and have done this so far -



Now I started hand piecing the curves (crazy I know!) and machine pieced the pink Quilt Blocks.  The hand piecing vs machine took about the same time.  Both turned out lovely and curved but I much prefer the hand pieced finish!  Maybe I just suck at using the machine for curves?? I will be using my machine for all the rest of the piecing however!

I also added the borders to  my Wonky Stars table runner for my Etsy shop!  Now I just need to think how I want to quilt this lovely.  Any thoughts??


And today I got the best wee surprise from Annie @ the Village Haberdashery!  Her shop is awesome and stocks some of the most gorgeous and up to date fabrics out there.  She stocks a tonne of embroidery flosses in every colour imaginable and Aurifil too! 

A little sample of Hope Chest.  I can feel a fabric order coming on!





6 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices for the retro quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been catching up! Lovely retro flowers and I do like your table runner. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely retro flowers and that table runner is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your table runner, great colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking projects and what lovely goodies to receive =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!