Monday, 23 July 2012

Just for me!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  Up here in Scotland we weren't blessed with the most gorgeous of weather.  It has been windy and rainy but still quite warm.

So I finally got around to making a much needed tea cosy for my teapot.  I have made a few for my Etsy shop and for other people but my poor wee teapot has not had a cosy :(

So I used some of Hope Chest by Josephine Kimberling which is a beautiful fabric.  I love the colours and the prints are gorgeous.  I had some linen so just used that for background.  I got my Hope Chest from the lovely Annie at the Village Haberdashery.


Hope Chest - Floral in BlueHope Chest - Stripe Soiree in BlueHope Chest - Chic Wallflower in TurquoiseHope Chest - Flower Bed in BlueHope Chest - Hope Flourish in CitronHope Chest - Geometric Crochet in Citron


It is now fully functional and on display in my kitchen.  It makes me smile when I see it sitting over my teapot on my worktop!

I am still working on my Brit Quilt 3 swap but want to keep it under wraps now until I get it all finished up.  Lets just say quilting is next and it will be bright and bold!

I am also getting excited about our first month of the Hipbees in August.  Our queen bee will be Renee who will be awesome and is full of bee wisdom which I am not!!! I can't wait!

Collette x


7 comments:

  1. Lovely tea cosy. It's nice when you have things you have made and actually kept for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in making a tea cosy for just you! It will make your day every time that you see it! Yay for the hipBees as I am excited too! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tea cosy! I'm excited about the hipBee's too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea cosy: I need to make a cafetiere cover. I love Renees instructions for the first bee block, can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking tea cosy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really pretty Collette! Looks like you've got a lot of great bloggers in the hipBee!
    Today was so hot I practically melted, I have my own central heating which made it feel even worse!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!