Wednesday, 11 July 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Wow Wednesday already!  Today I link up with Freshly Pieced and guest poster Kati from The Blue Chair. Kati has an awesome blog with gorgeous work so please take a look if you haven't already!

Well as you know I was on holiday last week so I don't have much to show for my progress this Wednesday but I still thought it would be fun to join in!

I joined up with the fabulous Brit Quilt swap number 3 and was assigned my secret partner.  This is my first Brit Quilt swap and only second swap.   After a fair bit of stalking I decided to go with this -


I have always loved English paper piecing (EPP) but really hadn't ventured much outwith the Grandmother's flower garden little hexie flowers.  When I found this fantastic tutorial at Clare's blog   I just had to try it out.

So I have made two other rose stars and the above is my third.  I thought this would make a lovely focal point for my Brit Quilt swap mini quilt.  So I pulled out my lovely Kaufman Quilter's Linen ( actually cotton) and it is a great background.  I have a few little other plans up my sleeve for this mini which I won't share just yet as I want my partner to have a surprise!

So that is my only WIP for the week so far!  Last night I purchased the Retro Flowers quilt pattern as I LOVE the look of this quilt but didn't feel ready at the time for the Quilt Along (QAL).  I can't wait to try this out but will be making my own templates with the pattern and cutting the traditional way with fabric scissors as my budget won't stretch to the other useful notions that help with this!  I am sure I will manage fine!
Retro Flowers Quilt


What have you been working on this week then?
Collette x








8 comments:

  1. Your BQS mini is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini is going to be gorgeous and your partner is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Rose Star, it's going to be a super mini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love english paper piecing...no end to all you can make that way with such perfection :0), someone is going to get a very nice surprise!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rose star pattern: am making a couple up at the moment. The fabrics that you have chosen are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the EPP. I'm working on some EPP myself just cutting fabrics now a the moment, templates are all sorted =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!