Tuesday, 21 August 2012

experiments and more free motion quilting

So I haven't done a huge amount of sewing over the last week or so with back to school and first day of primary for one of the kids.

I have been trying out a wee experiment though!  You know when you get one of those ideas that you just have to get on with that will not wait???? Or am I just weird and impatient?

I have been inspired by all the geometric prints and paintings out there at the moment -



This is by Twoems and is listed in their wonderful etsy shop here

So I am planning on recreating something of a mix between both patterns but in fabric eeeeek!! am I mad ....... First thing I need to do is e-mail Twoems to ask if this is ok.  This is purely for my pleasure and experimentation!.  I have made a tentative start.  If it works I want to give it to the artist! 





I have also been continuing with free motion quilting this table runner!    I am getting there and taking on board all of Jude's great advice!  It is getting the time at the moment but I will perservere!  Thinking of a burgundy binding or light yellow or pink???? 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am off to get busy. 
Collette x



7 comments:

  1. Two weeks tomorrow for school to start here. I am getting no sewing done at all. Turning into a professional referee though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, loving that fmq, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fmq looks great! You did a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the pattern goes well! Fab job on the FMQ =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you releasing more of your artistic flare! I think burgundy binding would look great! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your free-motion quilting looks great.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So impressive, I wish I could quilt, what an art!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!