Tuesday, 7 August 2012

First bee block!




Hello all!  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  I watched quite a lot of the Olympic events and thoroughly enjoyed 'Super Saturday' as it is being called here in GB!  It was so exciting!

I also completed my first ever Bee block.  I was asked to join the Hipbees, a new and fab group of talented ladies who wanted to start up a new online quilting bee.

Renee from Nellie's Niceties is our Queen Bee for our first month, August.  She asked if we would be so kind as to make some house blocks for a cute quilt full of individual homes!

Renee provided the gorgeous Summersville by the very talented and creative Lu Summers.  It is such a lovely fabric with vivid colours and versatile prints.  I love it so much.

So I cracked on with mine and here it is.


The blue birdie and the hello are not Summersville but I wanted to add them to make it a little more individual.  I have never done a house block before so I wanted to keep it simple.  I love the red weave fabric and the square on the left is meant to be a planter with some blooms growing out the top! 

The little 'hello' is off a 'Hello Pilgrim' selvage by Lizzy House.  

So there you are!  My first quilting bee block!  It was quite nerve wracking cutting into someone else's precious fabric but I got there and can't wait for next month!! 


10 comments:

  1. Well done on your first 'cut'! Brilliant block C! I'll try to go easy on you for Sept! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Collette! I'm looking forward to next month too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fab and I love it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fab - it was a good first hipbee month for us wasn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very effective with the Summersville prints =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little house and I love Summersville.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great house and I love the idea of a planter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out wonderful and I love the addition of the little bird. I would be so nervous too to cut into someone else's fabric! But you to an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!