Tuesday, 14 August 2012

honesty!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Our weekend was filled with the local Gala day ( the kids went with their Grandparents but I stayed home because I am not a fan of those kind of things).  They had great fun of course.


I have been practising some FMQ and decided to jump head first and try it out on my table runner for my etsy shop.  I really do need some honest opinions though.  I am not experienced at all with FMQ but I am reasonably pleased with how it has turned out so far on this runner.  I still need to do a little work with the stars ( thinking some v simple hand quilting ) and finish the borders but the bulk is done.



So please share your honest opinion - I think I like it and once de threaded and washed I think it will be better.  But when you look at it do you see nice quilting or just a scrambled eggy mess???  I don't want to embarass myself selling something that is naff! 

Thanks for your help! 
Collette xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I see nice quilting, and not the quilting of a novice at all. Looks really good and by heavily quilting the background but not the stars you really brought out the pattern well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be helpful C if you could enlarge your pics, to get a better view. From here it looks fab, though with fmq just be careful of over-condensed quilting in certain sections (e.g. the background) with not enough quilting in other areas (e.g. your stars). Ideally you want a nice even distribution of quilting, whether that's machine or hand quilting or both. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe this was a first attempt it's so good! I do agree with the comments Judith made about even distribution of quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!