Friday, 10 August 2012

Hung at last!

Well what a glorious sunny day we have here again!  The kids and I went to the library this morning, then the post office and then home and it was really hot at only 10am!

The kids got a haul of books to read so were happy.  Jacob (will be 8 soon) has begun wanting to read his own novels in bed at night now.  He has been getting on quite well with this but I am still reading a book with him too as we love to do that together before bed!   I love the empowerment kids get when they can read by themselves.

Today I managed to finally get two wall hangings hung.  I made these both for myself with a view to hanging them above my sewing area to inspire me!





The first one is called ' Spools'.  Three empty spools of thread!  The second one is 'Anyone for tea?'  as if you need ask me!!! I wanted to use up some of these scraps and try out this saucer and cup block and am so glad I did.  The possibilities are endless - I am thinking coffee?  cake? and so on!

Anyway I am off to make some tea now seeing as the kids are quiet at the moment, which probably means they are up to something!  
Have a great weekend! 
Collette x

7 comments:

  1. I love your wall hangings and yes, I love tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love ur wall hangings! I need to get my sewing space organised !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant C! What a great source of inspiration to have! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking blocks!Really loving the tea block =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks, and great about the books. My girls read voraciously, and I still read to them too. Not sure when they plan on growing out of it because I thought it would have been by now but it is a wonderful bedtime ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely!
    Reading was my favourite thing to do as a child and I really hope my kids feel the same!
    I hate that 'it's all gone quiet, what are they up to?', fills me with dread!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!