Thursday, 9 August 2012

Thursday already?

Hello!  Well I can't believe today is Thursday already!  Time flies when you are having fun doesn't it?  The kids are due back at school next Thursday so one more week and then some quiet sewing time again!

This week has been quite quiet on the making front.  I received some lovely packages but have lots of ideas brewing for this -



Alice at Backstitch tweeted that she had Sketch in stock and I was sorely tempted but tried to hold back.  Of course, I couldn't and opted for 4 FQs to go with this gorgeous print from the Quilt Blocks range.  I have some white cotton too from Alice, Klona which I love to work with.  
Aren't the colours just yummy??? This will be a quilt and plans are being made!

I also finished my Brit Quilt Swap 3 mini quilt.  I just need to label it and then it will be ready for posting. 




So that is what I have been up to lately in between being peacemaker with the kids and some Free Motion quilting practise!  I love hand quilting but I also love the look of FMQ on quilts , so the darning foot thingy is out, the feed dogs are down and I have Leather gloves!!!  I read somewhere that these worked for someone so I will give them a try! 



6 comments:

  1. Love the mini quilt and the stitching you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely stitching. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute mini! i use rubber finger coated work gloves, not that i fmq that much... it would require me to finish something first! do you use thimbles when you hand quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous selection of colours and amazing quilting! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rubber marigolds also work a treat! Love the sketch fabrics. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!