Saturday, 29 September 2012

busy bee!

I am currently in two quilting bees.  The Hipbees and a new kid on the block - Bee a Brit Stingy!! Us Scottish have a reputation for stinginess so I thought why not join this little group of bees! You can find us here.

Bee a Brit stingy


The new bee does not begin until January next year but we are doing a fun little mini swap of pincushions as a warm up!! 

Here are my Hipbee blocks for September for Judith and Jan who is October's Queen bee!


Judith sent us beautiful packs of specific colourways of fabric to make friendship braids.  I had calming green!!



The lovely Jan is Miss October and asked for wonky stars!  My favourite!  She sent lovely bundles of precious Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy and I came up with this;  


My other Hipbee buddies have been busy whipping up wonkies so please take a look! 

I also made this little cutie for my etsy shop.  Still trying to increase my items! 


Have a lovely weekend! 
Collette x






6 comments:

  1. Great blocks! Seems to me both bees are off to an incredibly good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fab blocks. I'm so pleased I'm part of both bee's because of all the lovely people I'm getting to sew with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My block is even lovelier in real life, and Jan's is amazing! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMF wonkies are lovely as is the friendship braid block!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!