Friday, 7 September 2012

getting wonky

Happy Friday everyone!

I haven't done a huge amount of sewing this week due to caring for our new puppy Jack Russell, Spot and taking dd to the dentist yesterday among the usual stuff!

I did manage to get my Hipbee block done for Jude this month!  The other ladies in the bee have produced beautiful versions in different colourways of this fun to make block.

The wonky friendship braid or Free pieced chevron is fun to make and quick to go together using this tutorial.  Here is my version using the lush fabrics Jude sent over.




I am also quite excited about joining in with Katy's Spinning stars quilt along which has a Flickr group and has been blogged by Katy here.  I am very keen to get my hands on some Field Study by Anna Maria Horner but we shall see what I use for this!  Still planning!

spinning stars - let's do a quilt along!

oh yes and a puppy photo!! the cats are beginning to accept him!


This was his first day! He is a little bigger and mad already! 


Collette x






9 comments:

  1. Oh bless, how cute. But he will be thinking he rules the roost soon. Stay in charge!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice block. That is one cute puppy. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to enlarge your pic to even make out that cute puppy, how adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty block for Jude. Darling little puppy, looks so similar to our rat terriers. Puppies are so fun. And puppy breath is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is Spot! And thank you so much for my amazing braid! I love it and so glad you enjoyed making it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot is of course adorable qnd I love your block. Don't tempt me with any more QALs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a cute little puppy! Judes block was very addictive wasn't it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool block and very cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your puppy is gorgeous and I love your spinning stars :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!