Tuesday, 11 September 2012

hand sewing rules!

Yesterday I spent most of my day hand sewing hexies.  I want to make some tiny hexie brooches for my Etsy shop as they are so cute!  So out came the needles, Aurifil (great for whipstitching!), and hexagon templates.

I do love hand sewing.  I find it relaxing, meditative and love watching it all come together.


I also received my free fat quarter from the awesome Spoonflower!!  Isn't it gorgeous?? 



I am beginning some new embroidery projects too!  When I finally decide on colours!  I found these fantastic designs at the Urban Threads site.  They are very reasonably priced and instant PDF download.  They can be machine or hand embroidered.  So I chose this Japanese Koi and some cute teacups! 



Back to puppy watching and hand sewing! 
Collette x





7 comments:

  1. Hand sewing does rule. And loving your Spoonflower goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving hand sewing too as you can just keep it by you - I must get my hexies out. It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that title as in you have some rules for hand sewing ;-)

    Love those hexies and the embroidery pattern looks ga=fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hexies and good FQ. I think I prefer embroidery to hexies though - don't know why, just do. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking hexies! Loving the teacups pattern =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, hand sewing is so much fun. I love it. Those designs you chose are exquisite. I can't wait to see your progress on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hand sewing does rule. Great FQ choice from Spoonflower - still waiting on mine! Loving your hoop choices too - especially the fish

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!