Monday, 15 October 2012

school holidays

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Mine was quiet but I managed to get a little sewing done.  It is my mum's birthday on Tuesday so  I made this little embroidered hanging.  She loves embroidery!



My photos were taken at night hence the bright flashiness of them! soz!

On Saturday night I spent my evening paper piecing these large hexagons for a new table topper or baby quilt I think!  I spent the evening nodding my head to some classic 70s music, ( Hot Chocolate etc) and hand sewing.  It was fun!  These are the largest I have done each side measures 3 inches!




Last but not least the kids are off for their October week holiday this week. So yesterday they tried a little embroidery.  Jacob was a natural! Took to it straight away. 



Off to do the Asda order (yawn!) and get ready for a trip to my mum and dad! x





9 comments:

  1. I started a giant hexie quilt and never finished it. Ironic that thousands of 1" hexies were easy to baste and piece than giant ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery looks so cute! The hexies look great too and how fun to get the kids stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embroidery and how nice that the kids are so obviously enjoying it. Have a good half term break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are having fun in the holidays. The embroidery is lovely and I'm sure that your Mum will love it. I do like your big hexagons too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half term already! Looks like they have taken to embroidery - love yours too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love giant hexies! I've just been sewing some together for some cushion covers.
    How cool to be teaching them embroidery! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable embroidery! And good for you for getting the kids to play with you on their school hols!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching C! My your kids finish early!. Mine have another 2 weeks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool the kids are learning. Great looking hexies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!