Tuesday, 6 November 2012

another year :(

Well what a busy weekend I had!  Very unusual as I am usually a hermit by nature but I emerged this weekend to take part in some social events.

On Saturday I helped out at my friend's wee girl's birthday party in the local town hall.  My two had a ball on the bouncy castle and there were owls too!  I was knackered after cooking and tidying but had fun.

On Sunday I reached the ripe old age of 37.  Ugh.  I had a fab day with lovely gifts from the kids and Colin and dinner at his mum and dad's so no cooking for me!! Hooray!  However, I am not altogether used to this idea of being so close to 40 :(((

Yesterday I headed into Kilmarnock with some lovely birthday cash and treated myself to some new togs.  I got some lovely boots, tops and trousers.  I am not best at shopping but I am pleased with my purchases and hey, no fabric !

Last night I finished the embroidery on my latest wee swap offering -



I finally made my little infinity scarf out of my Anna Maria Horner voiles I won in a giveaway.  I love it! 


That has been about it so far!  This week I need to crack on with that baby quilt commission so watch this space for some cute sewing! 
Collette x



12 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you. If it makes you feel any better at 37 I got married and had Helen. I am staring a much scarier birthday in the face now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 40 is the new 30 for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. It sounds as if you had a nice one. I'm 10 years older than you and do wish I had 40 coming up! Enjoy each year. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - I'm closer to the big 40 than you! so be glad you're not me or something :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you managed to stretch out your birthday with the shopping trip xx many best wishes for more to come xx I LOVE it when someone else cooks ... makes the food taste better x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday C! Don't worry, life gets even better once you hit the 40's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Collette! I don't like 37 much either, but it's looking better now that 38 approaches! Smashing embroidery and love the scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo belated happy birthday! I concur, 37 sucks! I turned 37 on Thursday and wasn't too impressed. Hooray for retail therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday for Sunday, hope you had a lovely day. There's a few of us Hip bees with November bithdays:mine's today and I now find myself closer to 50 than 40 :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! I love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little owl embroidery!
    Found you through etsy success and am your newest follower! ;-)
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute embroidery! and happy belated bday :D
    also, love the AMH voile scarf, darling!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!