Friday, 30 November 2012

Happy St Andrew's day

Today is St Andrew's day here in Scotland.  So in keeping with all things Scottish I wanted to share a link to a great wee potato scone recipe ( or tattie scone as we call them here!).


On the right is a Haggis (yum!)

Tattie scone recipe click here

The kids have been reading a funny wee Scots language book called Jordan's new Jaiket over the last week and we have been laughing so much at it.  If you fancy a read of some Scots words then you can read it online here.  

The only sewing done this week is hand quilting the baby quilt which I did a post on here.  The binding fabric came today and it is lighter than I thought.  I made a boo boo with my order and ordered aqua instead of Pool but still the same range of fabric.  I think I will get away with it ........  I got some other goodies too...
the binding fabric?

shore line love this 

been eyeing velocity for AGES love this print!

Tonight we have the school Christmas fayre which the kids are desperate to go to so I need to!  I like it but it is just too busy for me :) .  Then tomorrow the tree has to go up according to the kiddos so photos will follow I am sure :) 
Have a fab weekend ! 
Collette x






6 comments:

  1. enjoy St Andrews day ... and your potatoe cakes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the day. And is your finger sore from hand sewing? Mine has a freaking hole in it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely purchases! Enjoy the fayre if you can! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St Andrew's day and what great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those fabric choices. Have fun with the tree tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haggis - reminds me of my nursing days in Edinburgh. Happy St Andrew's Day. Di x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!