Thursday, 15 November 2012

tension issues!

Hi all!  Well yesterday I never got much sewing done at all due to my machine going on strike!! Yes, she decided enough is enough and started playing up.  The tension kept changing and I think it may have something to do with that new spool of Aurifil I gave her.  Honestly you couldn't be good to this one..............



Last week I may have overworked myself a little hence the lack of sewing over the last few days. 



The above is the baby quilt I have been working on.  The photos don't do the colours justice at all due to the poor, poor dull light we have had recently.  I love the look of all the little squares when chain piecing!  


I also made this weighted pincushion using a great tutorial over here on the Sew Mama Sew site.   How did I ever live and sew without one of these before????? I love it!

So today I plan to crack on with something for a new quilting bee I am currently in.  We don't kick off till January properly so we are having a little secret Santa for those that wanted to take part.  You can read more about it here.


Bye for now,
Collette x



5 comments:

  1. You have been busy, even if we both know that the light for photos is going to make us lose the will to live soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to the bottom of your tension problems. Some machines can be a bit sensitive to thread changes. Make sure there's no lint building up around your bobbin casing either. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes. Talk sternly to your machine if Jude's tip doesn't work. Dinx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to crack on with my basket for the swap! Hope the tension gets sorted

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get driven to (almost) screaming distraction when my machine plays silly games!! HOW can an inanimate object be so agrivating?!!! Good luck today... loving the baby quilt x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!