Thursday, 22 November 2012

Thursday already!

Aren't the weeks flying past??  I cannot believe how close we are to Christmas.  In a few weeks time the tree with be going up in our house as requested by the kids.  The swift passage of time can be quite frightening at times!

Yesterday we had sunshine! Yes, bright yellow stuff in a clear blue sky. Today? don't ask !



So I could actually take some photos without needing the flash and having to put any lights on!  I cracked on with my commissioned baby quilt.  Pretty straightforward random 9 patch blocks pieced together in a random way for that tumbling blocks in the nursery look.  

The name will be embroidered at the bottom in a white strip of squares but can't show any of it or the recipient may find out! 


I have ordered my backing (natural calico) and some Hobbs heirloom cotton wadding.  I am binding in a light yellow.  I also treated myself to some fabric today online so hope to get it soon! 

Liberty Lifestyle Bloomsbury Gardens Virginia in Magenta TealSweetwater Mama Said SEW Sewing Guide in BlackAnna Maria Horner LouLouThi Triflora in Lipstick
Tanya Whelan Sugar Hill Plaid in GreenTanya Whelan Sugar Hill Plaid in Blue

I purchased them from Eclectic Maker who have a fantastic range of fabrics and haberdashery needs.

I have been spying the AMH triflora for ages and umming and awwing but it was reduced so I grabbed it!
The text is always handy.

I am loving plaids just now and the Liberty is, well Liberty and a treat! 

Speak soon
Collette x


4 comments:

  1. i love the fabric. it's hard being on a fabric fast! Looking forward to seeing your quilt finished. Keep dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks - it'll be a great quilt!
    Nice fabric choices too, I'm loving plaid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy fabrics! Your weather sounds a lot like ours at the mo! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your new additions to the stash!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!