Monday, 17 December 2012

8 sleeps

Only 8 sleeps to go! How can that be??? Where has the time gone?  The year has flown past me.  I still have SO much to do.  Wrapping, last bits and bobs.  Thankfully I am not cooking this year or that would send me right over the edge!

I crazily committed to finishing some quilts for my kids this Christmas.  Thankfully Emma's quilt top is done it just needs basting, quilting (machine), and binding.  I did decide to make Jacob one from scratch!

Thank goodness for fabric panels! I have the quilt top finished thanks to a nifty fabric panel so just needs basting and quilting.  With both quilts I am doing v basic quilting nothing fancy so it shouldn't take long!



I am using navy as the background and have a great nautical butter yellow and white stripe for the binding! 


apologies for those that have seen Emma's quilt top several times just shows how long it has been like this!

At the weekend I couldn't do my secret sewing due to the kids being around so I did some more work on this fish - the design is from Urban threads but I am doing the stitching etc freestyle!



Off to do some basting! 
Bye for now
Collette x



5 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got your work set out for you. I am sure you will get it done though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful creations! I just have one quilt to bind...but glad I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are looking great, you will get them done, don't panic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your kids will so love their own special quilts and that you took the time to make them. Head down and stick at it, you'll get there and they'll be brill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Collette you are busy. I reckon that you will have some late nights this week. It will be worth it when you see your children's faces as they open their presents. You are a good Mum. Di x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!