Monday, 3 December 2012

what have I been up to?

Hello all!  Well Christmas has arrived here in our house.  The tree went up on Saturday ( the kids were desperate for it go up I can live without it ), the Christmas bunting went up and the advent calendar.

So there is no getting away from it now!

I had a little flurry of sales on etsy over the weekend which is always lovely.  So today I will be packaging up these goodies....


I had some Field Study scraps received from my lovely swap partner recently so made them up into these little 1 inch squares.  I think the jade cotton looks great with the bold colours in Field study and this will either be a mug rug or wall hanging.  I am tempted to maybe turn it into a mini wall hanging actually!  What do you think?


In other news I am queen bee for this excellent quilting bee Hipbees for the month of January.  Now I have never done this before!  I am a little worried but I think I have a plan :0) I have a lovely bundle of Field Study which I would love to have made into a quilt so why not take this opportunity to have the help of others??? 

The only thing is I am not so sure about the leopard print in the Field study.  I like it but don't LOVE it in the way I do the entire rest of the print.  


It could grow on me but if any sees it and loves it and has another print from Field Study they would be willing to swap (UK only probably due to christmas posting etc) then I would happily do so.  Just email me - poppypoochie@gmail.com if you want to.  It wouldn't be the end of my world if I get to keep it though!  
Oh and it is a Fat Quarter!



Collette x



2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get started on your blocks in the Field Study. I am really pleased that you have had some sales via etsy this weekend. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, can't wait to see what we're making!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!