Wednesday, 16 January 2013

feather weight!

Hi!  No not the wonderfully cute Singer feather weight but a lovely bee block for the lovely Lucy at Charm about you.  

Lucy is Queen bee in our stash bee, Bee a Brit Stingy.  The idea is we use our stashes as per instructions of the queen bee and make their block.

Lucy asked for Anna Maria Horner's wonderful feather blocks.  In all honesty I was aghast at first thinking there is no way I can possibly make this, probably because the instructions took a few reads through before I finally got it!   However, this quilting malarky is all about learning and trying new things so I thought lets go for it!

I am glad I did.  It is by no means perfect (mucked the bottom up slightly, don't ask me how:( ), but I think it is acceptable and am rather pleased with how it looks!






I also got 2 more camera cases for my etsy shop finished today.  The cutest fabric don't you think?? It is "Type" by Julia Rothman.  I got my fat quarters from the wonderful Kate and her shop M is for Make.  If you haven't found this shop then  please take a look.  She has a great sale section and gets some really lovely fabrics.

We are forecast snow in the next few days!  Maybe Emma will get to build her snowman yet!
Collette x


6 comments:

  1. I love your feather block - how big is it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on rising to the challenge C! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block and I bet those camera bags sell quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made a lovely block. I'm kind of avoiding mine at the moment! Your camera cases look nice in the type fabric. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really worried about the feather block too, but as you said, it was much easier to make than I thought. Yours looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't resist this either and mine arrived this week. I love the little bags. Got to get cracking on my feathers today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!