Tuesday, 29 January 2013

some bee blocks to show!

Hello!  How was your weekend?  I never get much sewing done when the kids are around at the weekend.  Which is fine because I have the school day to do it!  Yesterday we had an unexpected trip to the dentist for Emma.  Her teeth are pretty poor despite her having the same hygiene regime as Jacob who has lovely, strong teeth!

So she was fine but got a wee day off school because it was an emergency appointment and she needed a little cream filling!!!! I always feel quite guilty as if it's my fault but I can honestly say that she really doesn't do anything different with her cleaning her teeth!! Fail parenting :((


Anyway not much sewing except for two bee blocks for the lovely Emily who is making an X Plus block quilt for her month as queen bee in Bee a Brit Stingy.

I love how these have turned out and thankfully so does Emily!




Today I received another bee block all for me from Karen at Lisanweary quilts.  Thank you so much I love it!! Can't wait to start putting this together with the others.






I also had a wee Etsy sale yesterday.  I love this little table/sideboard runner and am excited to be posting it off to a new owner in the US!  


Last but not least my Emma made a little book yesterday.  Called her " I am happy, I am sad or I am mean" book.  Based on something they have been doing at school.

She is more of a comedian than Jacob and draws very comical little sketches.  We always get the wee story behind the sketch and it always makes us laugh.  This one is sad because Jacob ( the criminal) stole her balloon and Emma the victim even has tears! 


Bye for now!
Collette x



8 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks and congratulations on the sale. Loving the book and understand about the dentist. I had a run in with one a few years ago when on our first visit to him he declared my children on a 'very poor diet' within minutes. Told them at the end of the day it was better for them to drink cola than juice, and that they ate too much fruit. I was horrified, angry, tearful, etc. And despite all this Helen is almost 12 and still never had a filling and our new improved dentist says she would love to have Helen's teeth as they are text book perfect. Emily is like your daughter, she takes better care of her teeth but it makes no difference, she has problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your etsy sale C! And fab X+ blocks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the sale! I love the x/+ blocks for Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant blocks for Emily. I'm yet to do mine. Thought I'd best do January's first :-) Talking of which yours were posted off today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks.and well done on the sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your etsy sale. There are lovely blocks coming in and going out of your home. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The x and plus blocks are lovely and great to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaw!(the book)

    And teeth are not necessarily anything to do with your regime, as you will know with your two having different teeth. We are all ourselves, and can only deal with the genes we get. And that feels somewhat random. She will be fine. And also, what goes on with the baby teeth is not necessarily a guide to the adult teeth. So do not beat yourself up over it all. Though Mums place is definitely in the wrong, as I know only too well....
    My cousins first teeth came in black- due to medication her mum was on while pregnant. Adult teeth- perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!