Thursday, 10 January 2013

stash building

Today I received some very happy mail indeed!




My most recent order courtesy of some lovely Christmas money I received kindly from my Gran ( a great supporter of my handmade ethos and etsy!- she used to make jewellery so totally gets me!).

I deliberately chose a range of colours as I want to try and grow my stash a little.  

I am going to be honest and say I get real stash envy when I see awesome stashes and dream of one day immersing myself in a huge stash of fabric!

Finances obviously always come into play.  I stay at home and only make a  very little from my etsy ventures so I have to be extremely frugal about what I buy.  This means I take FOREVER to choose fabric when I do have some spare money :) .

It is also more expensive to buy here in the UK than say the US.  But I do like to support UK sellers and think that if we all bought overseas all the time ( not that anything is wrong with that as it is heaps cheaper), then would we be able to get such a great range and such up to date fabrics from UK sellers? 

So to me the above photos were a splurge for me and they will sit in my mini stash for a while until I decide what to make next! 

Collette x


3 comments:

  1. Fab stash builders, you have chosen well. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Sometimes I think after the cost of the postage you are better off buying local. I love Kate's store and am trying my best not to buy, but I love what you have picked out.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!