Thursday, 24 January 2013

What have I been doing??

After the school run this morning I took a little drive into our local town centre, Kilmarnock to visit the Wellington Art Gallery which also has a needlework section!


This is a great little shop with lots of beautiful original art and prints.  They have a great little needlework section with a huge selection of DMC skeins and light effects and Anchor threads too. 

I opted for DMC as I love the sheen and also got two of the light effects to try out.  Fluorescent pink and precious metals.  



I can't wait to try the light effects out especially!   Yesterday I finished this little quilt top I have been working on.  The white cotton looks a little see through but it isn't as much as the photo lighting makes out!  I am now thinking about how to quilt this.

I would love to hand quilt it with some of the lovely blues but I am unsure if it will be too much against the white??  Any advice welcome!



I dug the "eternal fish" out the other night to do some more work on.  My other half has given it this name because of the length of time it is taking to finish.  But as I explained to him, it is a labour of love and embroidery takes time!

So I got some of the face done.  I added a few more highlights last night but I am not happy with them so they will probably be coming out and being restitched.  I hate when that happens!  




I have only had one cup of tea today so far and am beginning to have withdrawal so excuse me while I make another and have a lovely day!
Collette x






7 comments:

  1. Nice threads and I do like your little quilt. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sight of a rack of embroidery threads waiting to be bought. Go with the blues. I think that hand stitching in colour on white looks fabulous (but I would of course!) and if you try a bit and hate it the worst thing that could happen was you had to take it out. No biggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little quilt and think it'll look great with the blue threads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go with the blues:it will look fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your quilt will look lovely with the blues. And keep going with your fishy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some paleish blues would look lovely - the quilt top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!