Thursday, 7 February 2013

almost finished projects

Today seems to be a day of almost finished projects!

I received my last bee block from the lovely Fiona at Sew Fi.  It is lovely isn't it? Now to think about putting all my beauties together!




I have almost finished my baby quilt for my shop.  I really  hummed and hawed about how to quilt this one.  I begun hand quilting in a lovely blue and then pink but nope, it just wasn't right.  I tried following the curves of the peels but again it just didn't look right.

So thanks be to the wonders of Instagram and helpful friends.  Lynne (Lily's Quilts) suggested diagonal crosshatching.  I marked it out and thought yes let's do it!  Oh and quilted with the stunning Aurifil which really makes quilting enjoyable.  That and lovely wadding! 


I LOVE it!

Now I can't decide on binding, lol!


love the back!

Simpatico straws mint or golden both match the yellows and blues in the quilt arggh!


And I have just about finished the binding on my wee table runner for the shop too!  I totally love this as well. The colours, the yarn dyed linen the quilting.  



Such a good feeling to be almost finished some things isn't it?? Then I get to do it all again!!!! 
Collette x




9 comments:

  1. Saw the quilt on instagram and it looks brilliant seeing the whole thing with the quilting. Big job that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting looks brilliant. I'd have never come up with that either but it really makes the quilt look a bit extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby quilt looks great C! I really like the mint for the binding. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Judith I would pick the green to set off your gorgeous baby quilt. I cannot wait to see your D9P quilt blocks put together. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been a busy bee conjuring up lovelies. Mint gets my vote for the binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking brilliant, go for the mint- I think the yellow will disappear when you cut it and use for binding!

    On the other hand- The yellow would be more subtle... aaargh! Oh either will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have quilted it-it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cross-hatching is very nice for this quilt. Either color will be nice - I think I would go with the mint. I'll just have to wait and see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilting - I vote for the mint green binding.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!