Thursday, 21 February 2013

block attack

Helloo!

The sun is shining but there is a real nip in the air today here.  


Yesterday I got a pile of Bee blocks off in the post.  The ones you won't have seen are for a Siblings together quilt our Bee a Brit Stingy ladies are making.  Never heard of Siblings together?  Then read all about it over here at Lily's Quilts.  



I have also been experimenting and came up with this wee block.  The green is a practise run and I will be using mostly blues and pinks I think in the actual one.  I have written down all the bits and bobs for this block so I have a little pattern for it. 




My dad is a bit of an antique dealer and is always raking around the markets and charity shops for things.  He frequents the infamous Barras every weekend.  He picked up this brilliant patchwork book for me.  I think it was first published in 1958.  It is great and is mostly about EPP but I particularly loved this quote from it.  Wise advice indeed in the last sentence.


Collette x



6 comments:

  1. Wise advice indeed! The canny quilter will also choose their thread colour before the sun goes...ask me how I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book find. I do like your bee blocks. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely find! Good blocks there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab blocks C! And your dad has an eye for great finds! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been busy. Love the triangles blocks. Winter evenings and patchwork do indeed go together, and we know all about the lack of light this year. Great find on the part of your dad.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!