Monday, 4 February 2013

hurry up Spring!

Well it is Monday again and isn't it feeling so much like Groundhog day at the moment??  ( funnily enough it was the other day ).  The kids are due a holiday from school next week as it will be half term for them.  I think we all need a little break from the old routine!

So I am almost finished my new table runner for my Etsy shop and I am totally in love with it I must admit!  Just the binding to finish.



I also received some lovely fabric I ordered from Alice at Backstitch on Saturday morning.  I had no idea the Simpatico and Pearl Bracelets in Ice Skate would go so well together!  There is also Twinkle, Twinkle from Constellations by Lizzy House, and some black and white Sketch. 



Oh the rain, sleet and snow are coming down sideways at the moment and it is blowing a gale right now outside my window!  Ugh, roll on Spring! 

In other news, one of the Bee groups I am in, Bee a Brit Stingy are getting together to make a quilt for Siblings Together.  I am sure many of you are aware of this wonderful project and if you take a look at the article here at Lily's Quilts, Lynne explains the purpose of it all excellently!   

So I have a few blocks to do for that this week too!  A baby quilt to machine quilt ( was going to hand quilt but it didn't look right when I tried it out!) and I am sure there is some other stuff too! 

Collette x


7 comments:

  1. Pretty runner and I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your runner and your new fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new runner! Such hip, trendy colors!
    Sandy
    www.savardstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The runner really is pretty! My son went back to school today after 2 weeks holidays - we're starting a different routine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner is lovely. Nice fabric shopping too. Enjoy your hols next week. We have 2 weeks to wait for ours. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did my scrappy trip block at the weekend and now I see why everyone has been addicted to it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!