Thursday, 7 March 2013

2 finishes in a week!

You can tell I have had some free time this week to get on with some shop sewing and gift sewing!


First up is a basket I have made using Pink Penguin's awesome basket tutorial for my mummy.  This will be posted tomorrow with a card for Mother's day.




On Monday I started piecing this patchwork wonky star wondering where it would go.  It became a cushion cover with envelope closure at the back.  So easy to make using this tutorial.  Of course I had to make it a patchwork cushion and quilted.  I love the texture this grid style quilting adds to it.  You just want to touch it!

I am delighted with how it turned out and have put it in my etsy shop for sale.  I can see more of these cushions in my future. 






Off to catch up on some lovely blogs now and then I should get on with sewing some more camera cases! 
Collette x


12 comments:

  1. You Mum will love that wee basket. Sounds like you are having a good sewing week.
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes - love the quilting on the cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that quilting looks like perfection! Gorgeous basket too - lucky mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makes C! And I see a new profile pic too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ages since I made a fabric basket and I still haven't made one for me :/ Love bath the basket and the cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made some of those baskets. They come in handy. And what a lovely cushion. I love the way the quilting stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cushion and your mum will be thrilled with the basket

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those bucket baskets...it is on my list of.... to make!
    I do also admire how neat your quilting is on your cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you would like to accept please visit my blog post here: http://zeedlebeezmom.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!