Monday, 4 March 2013

back to work!

Well Emma is back at school today feeling much better so this week I will be cracking on with some sewing!  Hooray!

I didn't get much done over the weekend other than basting this wall hanging for my living room.  Jacob had a friend over to play and Emma was out on Saturday with Gran and Papa so I got this done.



At this stage I am still unsure how I will quilt it, but I am thinking about some hand quilting with perle cotton. 
Possibly binding in black and white Kei honeycomb dots!


I received an awesome package from the lovely Rachel who blogs at Mammafairy Sews.  It is her turn to be Queen Bee in the Hipbees.  She sent some lovely fabric for her block. 

Butterscotch Kona and Liberty prints - yummy!  Oh and the most gorgeous pinnie with a little bee in the middle! 




Today I want to get on with this baby quilt for my etsy shop.  Or at least I think that is what it is going to be??? 



Collette x


5 comments:

  1. Great Wall hanging - I think hand quilting in perle would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall hanging is beautiful. Glad that E is better and you can enjoy some sewing. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wall hanging! Have fun with those Liberty prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did yuo spot, the pinnie is a variation on the biscornu? Just made with hexies instead of squares.

    Great star on your wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have got some sewing time and you are going to have fun with your fabrics. Lovely pinnie BTW :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!