Thursday, 21 March 2013

tea, toast and a blog post

This is how I intended to start the day.  Tea, toast and write a blog post.  That was at 9am!  It is now one minute past 1pm!

Yes, time flies when you are having fun.  Not really.  I have been updating my about page in my etsy shop this morning.  So that people can learn a little more about me and why I create.  It was quite fun but hard trying to put into words why I quilt.  You can give your verdict by looking here is you have time.


Incidentally, Thomas Knauer( fabric designer, quilt maker, dad and all round cool guy), has been writing some excellent blog posts on the whys of quilting here.   He certainly encourages me to think more about what I do and why and consequently value it that little bit more.

Yesterday I finished off my bee blocks.  The first is for Rachel who is Queen Bee this month for the Hipbees.


Lovely Liberty prints with yummy butterscotch kona. 



The second is for Jan who is Queenie for this month for Bee a Brit Stingy.



Jan wanted summery colours which remind us of summer days.  These colours make me dream of lemonade, fresh cut grass, grapes, plums, oranges, and the sea. 


And that is all from me for now! 

Collette x






9 comments:

  1. Love the block for Jan - real summer feel there and just wishing it was more like summer here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your bee blocks especially the one for me - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bee blocks. I am now off to follow your links. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super blocks. Interesting question - why do we quilt? I have about forty answers to that and suspect that over the years I'll discover more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks - off to check out Thomas' thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blocks you have made there. A super one for me, and Jan's one is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone essentially lend a hand to make severely
    posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website
    page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to create this actual publish amazing.
    Fantastic activity!

    Also visit my blog post: comprar openbox s10 hd

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!