Friday, 19 April 2013

a week of sewing!

Wow Friday already??? Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!  Sewing done this week -

Begun a new baby quilt project for my etsy shop.  Baby churn dash - each block is 6.5 inches square and there will be 42 squares in this little quilt.   Lots of cutting.  




I am sticking with blues and greens with this quilt.  So working a little out of my usual comfort zone of pinks etc but having fun! 

This is how I keep my projects organised. 



These are 152 baby rectangles for the blocks.  Still more cutting to do.  Someone asked me last night if my mind doesn't turn to mush when doing repetitive stuff like all that cutting.  Well I don't know about you but I don't mind it too much.  I hate the sore back but it is cutting with a purpose.  To make beautiful things!




My evening project this week has been working on more of those little cube blocks.  I cut out 60 degree diamonds at the correct height I wanted from cartridge drawing paper.  I use an old rotary cutter I no longer need for cutting the paper and keep it separate from my fabric rotary cutter.  The cut out the diamonds from fabric.  Only done one cube so far but planning a little mini of them. 


These tumbling blocks can be machine sewn using y seams and without them.   I love english paper piecing though so thought I would just do them this way!   


The sun is shining here today and the washing is out.  I think it may be time to get cutting some more of those backgrounds for the baby churn! 
Collette x




5 comments:

  1. The baby churn dash is going to be gorgeous - the plaids are beautiful. Also like the look of the new EPP project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very happy getting on with the stuff you love doing. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you've used in the churn

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!