Tuesday, 23 April 2013

shreddies!

Good morning all!  First up I have completed 2 out of 4 bee blocks for Di in our Bee a Brit Stingy bee.  Di requested the cutest sprout blocks and they are going to make a beautiful quilt full of different colours.



Today I hope to get on with some baby churns for my latest baby quilt for my etsy shop.  

I am in a bit of a sombre mood today so apologies.   Apologies in advance to any male readers too.  After the school drop off I popped out to get some new socks ( the pup has made holes in all my socks!) and a new bra.  The underwire popped out of my favourite one!

So got home tried it on and it fits fine but oh my goodness the body wearing it is truly awful at the moment.  Up until having babies I have at most been a size 12.  I went up to a 14 after having Jacob 8 years ago.  Then fell pregnant with Emma in 2006.  I ballooned with her and never really lost much.  Now I am at least a size 18.  I am small too. 

I thought I had resigned myself to being happy with my weight etc but this morning seeing the rolls of flab popping out here, there and everywhere I think now is the time I really do something.  I have done the usual female yo yo dieting in the past but have never really lost anything at all.  I am a bit lazy too.

So on Instagram I saw lots of talk about the 30 day shred thingy.  Now I don't want to set unrealistic goals.  I just want to lose a bit of weight and not feel fat bursting out everywhere.  

So Amazon have the dvd for £5.00 at the moment so how could I resist???  It is ordered and I will begin as soon as I receive it.  I think to keep motivated I may need to make this a little public.  Instagrammers will know that a lot of folk do the shred so I will be sharing  my progress on there.  This should keep me motivated.  I need to think of a reward for getting through the 30 days although if it goes to plan a little change in my flabiness would be reward enough! 

Anyway enough boring you all with this.  I just wanted to share a little today.
Collette x

11 comments:

  1. Those bee blocks are beautiful - thank you. I think that I need to join you on the Shred too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bee blocks! No idea what the shred thing is but good luck - we'll do our best to keep you motivated *big pompoms at the ready*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck - how about a fabric reward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blocks C! Haven't heard of the shred diet. Lots of ladies in my class are doing the 2 day fast diet and find it is working! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sprouts! Hope the shred thingy pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the very best of luck losing. I see tonnes of people doing the shred but don't really have a clue other than that it looks painful! I lost a stone and a half a couple of years ago by giving up cakes and cookies (for the most part), eating a healthy breakfast and whatever I had made for the family for dinner. And lunch was raw veggies and sunbite crisps. Honestly, the weight came off no problem. Which goes to show how much crap I must have been eating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Collette - I really hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, Collette, let us know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to tell you I ordered it too! Only £3 or so to deliver here...you'll be well on the way by the time mine arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blocks look gorgeous and good luck with your diet plan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute sprouts! Good luck with the diet!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!