Tuesday, 16 April 2013

The cube!

Hello!  Well my little cherubs have returned to school today.  The house is sooooooo quiet apart from the gale force winds blowing my letter box opened and closed!

Over the last fortnight we had the usual ups and downs of child raising.  Fighting, loving, hugging, fighting, etc,  You can imagine!  We did have some cool moments though -

I didn't achieve much sewing but I did build a swing!  Yes a swing.  From Tesco.  It hurt but I done it!

This was a warm day!



We had visits to the park and the ducks.  It was freezing that day - cold winds!


I managed to fit in some reading.  I read some of my Quilted Planet book which informed me that this patchwork book is in fact by a renowned English patchworker called Averil Colby.  How cool is that?? 


Inspired by her book I made a little english paper pieced cube.  I really want to make a mini of these and am plotting at the moment. 
below - some amazing inspiration!!

Tumbling Blocks - Ohio, 1940 - Jacques Légeret Collection

Off to catch up on your lovely blogs and hope to show some more sewing later in the week! 

Take care
Collette xx





7 comments:

  1. Ooh, now I want to think of things I could make with that cube! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look as if Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods! I like your colourful cube Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there was I thinking you were going to announce you were a future contestant on The Cube ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cube but was a little worried that the bairns had made you create an at-home version of the telly programme!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cube. And that is what school holidays are all about: fighting children one minute and playing happily together the next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'back to school' days! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. great to feel the peace settle on the house again! And a little sewing as a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments on blogs so please feel free to talk away!